Everyone knows that bigger is better and while you can’t change the size of your home, you can increase your home’s visual square footage by following a few simple strategies that will help your house appear “bigger on the inside” (to borrow a quote from Doctor Who.)
- Remove area rugs from carpeting. Sure it looks nice and cozy but it can cause people to wonder what you might be hiding under there. By offering an open plain, you will make the overall space look bigger and not chop up the layout of the room.
- Edit furnishings and unnecessary collections. It’s not personal, but by removing pieces that do not serve to showcase the space, you create a sense of a larger room and dramatically increase your home’s selling potential.
- Bring in more light. People underestimate the power of light, but adding lighting elements where necessary, making use of natural light by pulling back heavy drapes and window treatments or even removing them if possible, you create a much more open space.
- Create a sense of continuity. By minimizing the rainbow on your walls and choosing a complimentary paint scheme throughout the house, you will offer your potential buyer a cohesive space that is full of possibilities no matter how big or small it is.
- Create a home that is visually pleasing. Remember that every area can make or break a sale and by working hard to make sure every corner, nook and cranny looks its best will greatly enhance your chances for an offer.
Homeowners want space and no matter if they are movin on, up or downsizing they want to feel comfortable not cramped. By employing these top five strategies, you and your home staging professional can create additional room where it does not exist. Change your perception. Change the space and change your potential for a better offer!
We create stylish, warm and welcoming houses that captures the buyers’ attention from the moment they are introduced to the property. We focus on the buyer demographics, the selling features, life style selling techniques and the strategic placement of furniture, art, and accessories that translates to a powerful marketing tool. Contact us today. 317-209-9801 or at homemattersllc.com